Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Cheese and Crackers!!"

This is my phrase of the day. It's what my neighbor, Lamont, exclaimed after Nate told him about the triplets! Hilarious. I think you could hear him half a mile away.  I think it's my favorite reaction.  I don't think people believe us half the time.

I will be 10 weeks on Thursday. We go to the maternal/fetal specialist at Vanderbilt on 9/30. Hopefully I will get another ultrasound. I'm curious to see what they look like now. We will definitely have an ultrasound on 10/5 for the nuchal scan. I really like Vandy so far and know we are in excellent hands. Having the #11 NICU in the country down the street is such a blessing. 

I'm eating my previous words of "if I get pregnant, I'll never complain."  Ha!! I am so thankful every second for this pregnancy, but wow, I feel awful 90% of the day.  I've been incredibly nauseous and tired. Today was my first day in a long time with no nap. Thank goodness for Zofran and good insurance to pay for it! It's a miracle drug. The belly is growing and I can't even imagine what it will be like towards the end. The nutritional recommendations are 3500- 4000/calories a day. It really would be the coolest thing ever if the nausea would go away! Some of my favorite recommendations are "add cheese to everything" and "eat plenty of full fat, premium ice cream." Now if my coworkers would stop passive aggressively telling me not to eat anything fattening because the weight will never come off. Yes, I will trust your opinions over an experienced perinatologist. I'm sure Mountain Dew is a much better idea. Thanks for that. :)

I am dying to know what the genders are. I guess I'll have to be patient. I do think our chances are pretty good for brown eyed, brunette babies! Awww...


No comments:

Post a Comment