My sister-in-law, Lindsay pointed me to Joyce Meyer a few years ago. I have always been more of a reader, but she has some awesome sermons. She targets anxiety/worry/depression as one of her main ministries. Her book "The Battlefield of the Mind" greatly encouraged me over the past few years. I never really thought of anxiety or worry as "sinful" but she points out that is showing you how you don't trust God. As she says "we need to look to God, not people, to give you what you need."
Here is the link:
Freedom from Worry and Anxiety
One another note, I am in my good friend Jackie's wedding today. Exciting! I met Jackie in law school years ago. Her fiance, Brady, is an awesome guy and I am so happy for them. Thankfully I bought my dress a few sizes too big. It fit a few days ago! Let's hope it does today. We'll be stopping by the mall for some Spanx otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment