Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Nine years ago, Nate and I had our first date:
I invited him to a Kappa Kappa Gamma couples date party.  If you can't tell, I am a bumblebee and he is bug spray! From that night on, we have been together. After 4 years of dating long distance (London- Knoxville, Nashville- Knoxville, Birmingham- Knoxville, Birmingham-Nashville), we were married. It's been 4 great years and I am so thankful for such an awesome husband. He really does want the best for me and brings out the best in me. I wasted a long time with less than perfect guys who did not treat me like a girl should be treated.  God sent him into my life and it's been so easy since.

We had a long, hard two years trying to get pregnant and are about to have the adventure of a lifetime. Throughout that time, we leaned on each other.  Infertility can destroy a marriage.  Even though I know I drove him crazy with my scientific research and soul searching, even though it didn't make sense to him when I randomly burst into tears while on the way to a Friday night dinner with friends or a family gathering, even though I was paralyzed by anxiety on the days of doctor's appointments, he patiently listened.  It really brought us closer.  I couldn't have asked for a better person to share my life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment