I can't believe I posted the belly picture below. That is horrendous. If you are carrying triplets, you've got to stop caring about your appearance! I guess the same is true for any first time mother. You've got to get over the vanity. At least my weight had plateaued and I've met my goal. They recommend 58-75 pounds and I've done it. The doctors say, at this point, the babies grow from your existing fat sources. Awesome. My own internal liposuction!
Nate is coming home tomorrow from a work meeting in Vail, Colorado. I was really worried that something would happen. I could go into labor anytime from now until mid-March. Thankfully I seem to be in the clear.
I was really glad he could have some time to ski sans the ol' ball and chain. Last time we skied, we were on the top of the Zugspitze in Germany. Let's just say there were lots of tears and throwing of ski poles as you can see:
See- I look like I want to stab someone. This place was beautiful, but a little too advanced for me. I had several beautiful blond Swiss and German couples try to help me. I was too embarrassed to move and waved them on. I'm pretty sure I was also lapped by many a gorgeous Aryan 3 year old.
They don't worry about litigation over there so they had these 30 foot drop-offs with no warning signs. We decided to brave a blue run- BIG mistake. I got stuck and had to slide down the mountain. I kept yelling for the men to come get me, but apparently ski patrol is an American concept. Actually, we know that is true because Hans and Frans at the ski shop kept asking us what the equivalent of "Baywatch" for skiing was called in the US. (We couldn't believe they made a Hasselhoff reference) One of the ski plows came along and I literally had to stop, drop, and roll on a 40% incline to get out of its way. I have a distinct feeling they were laughing at me. I reached the bottom of the hill after 45 minutes and swore that I would NEVER, EVER go skiing again.


No comments:
Post a Comment