Tuesday, April 24, 2012

National Infertilifty Awareness Week

I saw a really cute picture of triplets in our newspaper today and it caught my eye.  The article it accompanied was about infertility in younger patients. I also saw this same article in USA Today. Then I figured out why. This week is National Infertility Awareness Week.

Infertility changed me forever. It showed me that God has the ultimate plan. It was the first time I wanted something so badly and couldn't get my hands on it.  It was 2 and a half years of constant stress and waiting.  Many tears were shed as we were disappointed month after month. However, God redeemed this pain in such an amazing way.  I still have times when I am astounded by women who get pregnant in 2 cycles or can pinpoint what month to pick for maternity leave purposes. I am a bit sad that my babies were made in a petri dish for a ridiculous sum of money. I'll never experience a normal pregnancy with a term singleton. But, at the end of the day, God transformed my "idea" of what was going to happen into something we never imagined.

A friend told me early on that God never promised us babies.  But He DID promise to be with us throughout any trial we endure. For some of us, that might mean IVF and triplets. Maybe it means several miscarriages or adoption in Ethiopia. I am thankful for our trial because it strengthened my spirit. I would not know as much joy now if I hadn't experience the lows.

I've shared this video before. It still touches me and is so on point. You cannot understand unless you've been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment