Friday, February 3, 2012

I am 32 and I have...

Hand, foot, and mouth disease!! Seriously. Thankfully it only is manifesting itself with blisters on my hands. It is a little painful to type but that is about it. No mouth sores or anything else. So I have had 2 cases of pinkeye and now this. And no- pinkeye is not caused by getting poop on your hands. We've learned so much since August! I have the best book, "Baby 411," that I would recommend to anyone having a baby. It is MUCH better than the "What to Expect" or the AAP book. Very down to earth and informative.

I got back from an awesome few days in Dallas yesterday with my best friend, Melanie. She has visited Nashville several times but this is the first time I have flown there to see her. She is about 30 weeks into her 3rd pregnancy.  I hung out with her family, did some shopping, and just relaxed which was heaven for me. She already has 2 boys so it was fun to see what the future holds for us. They are very sweet and well behaved boys. Dinosaurs are very popular in that household.  Many thanks to Nate and his parents for helping out and letting me go and take a mini vacay.


Before I headed there on Tuesday, I took Caroline in for some pimples and generally fussiness. Hand, foot, and mouth had been going around daycare so I was suspicious. The doctor confirmed she had a very mild case. Natalie had the same pimples but no fussiness. Townes never got it despite being fed with the same spoon every day! Very strange.  I asked the doctor if I was cruel and unusual for putting them through the daycare sicknesses and he said what everyone says- take your licks now or when they get to preschool or kindergarten. I replied that I would much rather take it now than when I'm paying for 3 private school tuitions!!!

We also found an incredible item on Craigslist on Monday. A triplet table!!! I could not believe it. These retail for around $400 plus $100 in shipping or so. There was a set of triplets in town and they were selling theirs. We scooped it up immediately. We have it upstairs for feeding. Please excuse my lovely pj's and glasses.


We also bought 3 space savers for downstairs. I t is hard to haul them up and downstairs so I can feed them in either spot depending in help and mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment