Many people ask me how in the heck I get out of the house in under 2 hours. Or how I even deal with 3 infants at the same time. My response is a) I don't have much of a choice, b) my husband and I are both Type A anal retentive "details" people, and c) the assembly line method.
Well... (c) is currently being thwarted by this evil thing called mobility. Every morning, we feed them at 6:30 am. They used to calmly lay on their boppies and wait for their diaper change turn. Maybe they would play with their bib or bottle prop. Now that Natalie is crawling and Townes is rolling everywhere, it has become a new frontier. This morning, I put Caroline on the changing table and turned to see Natalie headed out of the nursery door into the hallway and Townes rolling underneath his crib. So the straps on the changing table aren't sufficient because they now roll over ON the changing table and dance on their tummies. Thankfully Natalie stopped at the doorstop instead of heading towards the stairs and Townes got stuck between the Diaper Genie and his crib.
I decided to move into our other nursery to change them into their clothes for school. I stuck Natalie in there, leave for 2 seconds to get Townes, and walk back in to find her about to gnaw on the little fridge cord! I get her dressed and Townes rolls over to the cords and I catch him 2 seconds from having a mouthful of electricity himself. (Do you see why we call Caroline "Sweet Caroline!!?" She isn't mobile yet so I shouldn't jinx myself.) Anyways, I get them all changed just to smell a whiff of that special "odour" and then have to change their diapers once again. This time I crammed them into Natalie's crib to wrestle and poke each others eyes out. It was much more successful. Ahhhh... the life of a multiples mother. Multitasking is my middle name. Thankfully, I learned some serious skills in the legal realm with the simultaneous settlement conference call, email, and case law searching I had to do.
The kids are getting over their RSV. It has lasted 3 weeks so I'm very thankful they did not get it when they were much younger. We have 1 or 2 of them have really bad coughing fits every night, but it's getting much better. We didn't qualify for the Synagis shots (only $1000 per month, per kid for 4 months or so!!) but that is a good thing because it means that they have good lungs for preemies. Although they will get much sicker on an average basis, school has been a true God-send. Especially this time of the year with early sunsets and cold temps. They love it and have great teachers. I know during the week that I will not have have simultaneous days at home. The isolation is the hardest part. However, I know that as they get older, that will change. We will be able to run around and do errands or go to the park to play.
Our next task is to conquer solids. My mom made me tons of fresh baby food which is awesome. So far they like everything. Natalie shoves the spoon in her mouth with every bite. Townes slams on his tray until it is his turn. Caroline shrieks a bit depending on if it is something sweet or not. We are using bumbos at the moment. I would love a 3 seat daycare table, but they are really expensive. I guess I need to try the sippy cup at some point. I've given them diluted apple juice and some water.
And speaking of apple juice- I am so tired of the news trying to scare people to death. Do we not remember what we spent our lunch money on as teenagers?? Little Debbie Oatmeal pies and Dr. Pepper! I think the root of it is moms, as a whole, are trying hard enough to make good choices. Don't put these guilt trips on us Dr. Oz. Yes- we should know what is in our food, and no, you shouldn't feed your kid five 8 oz bottles of pure apple juice a day. If not the minute amount of arsenic, then because of all the friggin sugar it has in it!
Ok... done with my Dennis Miller rant and on to a cute picture of Townes getting owned by his sisters. :)

I love this picture!! And the post was awesome too. I don't know how you do it, but you obviously do it well! :)
ReplyDeleteLove-
Linds
Um yes I know. It's because I'm awesome. ;)
ReplyDelete