Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nine Month Visit

Yesterday I had to get 2 cavities filled. I haven't had a cavity since I was maybe 10?? Thanks to all of the estrogen from infertility treatments and a triplet pregnancy, I suddenly developed them. I was more worried about getting these things filled than my C-section!! But you need to know that, as a child, I only lost about 3 teeth naturally. The rest were pulled and I had to have oral surgery to get rid of some "extras" taken out of my jaw. I should really be blaming this on the orthodontist because he's the one who ordered them out!  Anyways, my dentist was laughing at me when he saw me sweating in the seat. He asked me if I really was scared since I delivered triplets quite recently. I admitted yes and he said he has so many women that come in and say they would deliver babies any day over the dentist. Of course I felt nothing when he gave me the tiny shots. Nothing like those progesterone in oil 22 gauge shots Nate had to put in my hip every other day until I was 10 weeks. It took 30 minutes and was over. I had to revert to my childhood ways and console myself afterwards with a milkshake. Half of my face worked so I was able to get it down! Then I got nauseous from the stupid anesthesia. Apparently, I get sick even from freaking benzocaine. Thank goodness for my leftover Zofran. 

Today we took the babies in for their 9 month check-up. They have been sick since the day we put them in school so I was sure someone was going to have an ear infection. Thankfully, everyone was clear. The main problem is, again, teeth! He showed us the white lines on both Natalie and Caroline where their bottom 2 teeth are coming in. Caroline is 18 lb 5 oz and at 40% in weight. Townes is 18 lb 13 oz and in the 19%. And rounding it out (no pun intended), is our little butterball Natalie at 20 lb 5 oz and 73%! Hilarious. They are all around 26.5 inches so very short, but you really would never know they were 3 lb 14 oz, 4 lb 4 oz, and 4 lb 6 oz.

Caroline's VSD is so small that it is very hard for our doctor to even hear. We have a follow up when she is 1.5 years. Townes still has a bit of his left side head flatness but it has improved sooo much. A helmet would be purely cosmetic and at $2000, really not necessary in the doctor's opinion. We'll see him one more time before the final decision is made. Natalie's reflux has completely resolved. He mentioned feeding them milk at 11 months. I have stay strong with the solids because it leads them to self feeding. Wont that be crazy?! I have been dragging my feet because it adds another layer to my schedule.

The babies were pretty cranky and amused themselves by picking off their toe bandaids after getting a stick for iron levels. I looked over at Natalie and she immediately pulled it off and started eating it, then Caroline, and finally Townes who was sucking his bleeding toe! (I think he's getting into the Twilight madness.) We went through about 10 dixie cups to keep them entertained. Doctor's appointments are always exhausting but we are so blessed to have healthy and thriving kids.

1 comment:

  1. Great news! I'm glad those babies are good and healthy!

    ReplyDelete