Phew. This is getting ridiculous. I dragged Nate to Babies R Us and Target tonight for more baby registering and I feel like I just ran 26 miles. I walk up the stairs and sound like a dragon for about 5 minutes afterward. I'm right on track weight gain wise. I've hit 30 pounds and need to get to 35 pounds before 24 weeks for optimum benefits. It's hard for a girl to admit that. Now that I am over the nausea, I'm gonna enjoy the 4000 calories!!
I went to the doctor again this past Friday. My belly is measuring the equivalent of 29 weeks for a single baby. Pretty good for 19 weeks! I'm getting dangerously close to an outtie. Blood pressure is normal so that is very reassuring. I was a little worried last week after feeling my pulse in my temples, throat, and stomach. Apparently my blood volume is increasing 150% and it's to be expected. I had another ultrasound and saw the babies rolling around some more. These are the most photographed kids ever! I still have not felt movement, but should very soon. Everything still looks good. She was able to get some good views and measured the vital organs including stomachs, kidneys, bladders, 4 chambered hearts, the 2 lobes of the brain, and more that looked like blurry blobs to me. We have our big anatomy scan on 11/30 which will take 2 hours at least. Please pray that goes well. I always get good news, but my anxiety over doctor's offices and bad news is overwhelming while they are scanning. When they measure certain parts of the placenta and baby, it is the same noise that I used to hear when they measured follicles. I always had dismal follicle counts so all the cold sweats and anxiety come rushing back with those little beeps. It shows how quick we forget the good news!
On a good note, a new friend expecting triplets had her babies! She made it through about 6 weeks of hospital bed rest to give birth at 32 weeks. What a blessing. Here is her story:
http://morristriplets.blogspot.com/
One more thing, I've had a lot of people ask about names. We really don't know yet! Once we do know, we may keep it a secret until they are born. I know. We're being difficult. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment