Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Failed


Boo. I failed my initial gestational diabetes test (barely!!) and now get to go for the 4 hour test on Friday. I did eat a South Beach bar and Nutella before the test so I'm hoping that made it shoot up the 5 or so points that failed me. I have to fast for the next one so I will be a thoroughly pleasant person for the 4 blood draws. Gestational diabetes is more common with multiple pregnancies of the placentas and insulin resistance they can cause. Hoping I pass this time! My biggest pet peeve is waiting at the Vandy lab. I really think people turn up their cell phone ringers and scream in foreign languages just to make me mad. How hard is it to put your cell phone on vibrate and not yell at someone for 20 minutes while I am sitting next to you??!! Ahhh :)

We also had our big 20 week anatomy scan today and everything looks perfect. All 3 were very healthy with normal parameters. The little boy was kicking his sisters and hogging a huge part of the uterus. What a shock! I will post ultrasound pics when I have more time. They are about the same size- 11 ounces. They should be about a pound in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment