"Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot. And there ain't any real difference between triplets and an insurrection." - Mark Twain
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
The holidays and being thankful
I could watch this video a hundred times. It is so beautiful. It's an excerpt from carols at St. Paul's Cathedral in London. I have always wanted to attend a caroling service at some beautiful English cathedral. I have been in the UK twice around early December, but have never made it. I majored in medieval studies so am spellbound by the architecture and spirituality of a place where people have worshiped since the 1200s. The combination of the boys choir, candlelight, and Christmas season is so special. Yes- I am a dork and love this stuff. For years I couldn't decide between getting my graduate degree in England and teaching medieval history or being a lawyer. Well, Nate entered my life and I decided that a life abroad was not what I was called to do. Now I get to argue over septic systems and metes and bounds!
As Thanksgiving nears, I have so much to be thankful for. Here is a short list:
1. Dr. Ahlering and all the amazing staff at SIRM St. Louis. Without him and his staff, I would never have been given a chance.
2. For my pregnancy and these babies! It is such a miracle that I got pregnant. I read blogs of women who have dealt with this far longer than me and realize how blessed I am. The babies are very healthy and we've had no health scares thus far.
3. My husband. He rocks and I love him so much.
4. My family. I love having a family (including both sides) that I always enjoy being around. Yes there is the occasional drama, but our holidays don't involve the police being called. I am so lucky to have both my family and Nate's family in Nashville.
5. My friends. I have so many supportive people in my life that really care about me. Some that I have shared memories with since I was 3!
6. My cats. I love my morbidly obese cat Hercules and his smaller brother, Zeus. I love them even as they lay on the keyboard and try to distract me from writing this.
7. My job. Yes- I am pretty much "tha man" and have to deal with very difficult people. My office is truly "The Office" sometimes. But my boss is an awesome Christian man and I love the hours.
8. My church. Nate and I knew from the beginning of our relationship that we would have to find a good middle ground because of my Catholicism and his Presbyterian background. We found the perfect fit in Covenant. My faith has grown a lot due to the awesome pastors there.
9. No drama. I've never understood people that have drama in their lives constantly. We all encounter difficulty, but I'm talking about the drama creators. My life is too boring I guess. My life was dramatic when I was 13 years old. We're 30 now people. I'm so glad I surround myself with people who feel the same way. Attitude really is everything. You can find things to freak out about 24/7. Who wants that life though?!!
10. U2 is coming to Nashville next summer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment