We have had quite a 2 weeks! I have been sick for about 12 days now. Unfortunately, and despite my strict infection controls, I gave it to the babies. Nothing is worse than hearing your baby snort, sneeze, and cry knowing you gave it to them. I started feeling better around last Friday then it came back with a vengeance this past Monday. The kiddos seemed to be sicker also. I started taking antibiotics and took the babies to the pediatrician today. Poor Natalie has been screaming for hours at a time the past few days and that is very unlike her. Turns out she has her first ear infection. She has been enjoying the bubble gum flavored Amoxicillin a little too much. She weighed 12 lb 8 oz today! She's our little chubby cherub. A special thanks to my parents and my in-laws for helping me during this challenging time!!
My best friend Melanie came to visit for a few days and we had a great time. We met when we were 3 years old in preschool. Look how cute we were!
I'm in the middle on the bottom and she is above to the left with the blonde hair and bangs. Here we are with the triplets:
We ventured to the mall and I met a mom of 5 year old triplets. She was so sweet and offered to help me anytime. The funniest thing was that her name was Fiona and she was originally from Scotland just like "Shrek!" She had 2 boys and a girl and they were following her around like angels. Mel lives in Allen, TX where her husband, Brad, is a pastor at Allen Bible Church. It was such a treat to see her.
On another fun note, we are having a child free evening on Saturday night to go see the U2 concert! I am beyond excited. I've been obsessed with U2 since the age of 7 I think. I would listen to "The Joshua Tree" and "Achtung Baby" like nobody's business. I saw them in 2001 and they never disappoint.
I'm feeling a bit better since my last entry. This path is going to be up and down just like any other journey. I know even if I had one child, I would be going through these same emotions. Yes triplets are insane, but I don't know any different. The good news is that they are starting to sleep for around 5-6 hour stretches at night. We have to say goodbye to our great night nanny soon and I'm sad for that.

No comments:
Post a Comment