During our last few weeks of illness, I've maxed out the Disney movies on Netflx. I watched "Dumbo" for the first time in probably 20 years and found myself crying over half of it. Seriously.
Check out the beginning:
All the other animals get deliveries and Ms. Dumbo is left crying every night when the storks don't deliver a package. She is clearly suffering from elephant infertility. How sad is that??
So then Ms. Dumbo finally has a stork delivery. Jumbo is born. The other elephants find out he has unusually large ears and re-name him "Dumbo." (?!) They shun a newborn elephant for having some sort of anatomical defect. Fast forward to 1:30.
So, next Ms. Dumbo gets chained in a tiny cart after she attacks some kid who makes fun of Dumbo. The mouse sneaks Dumbo to see his mom. If this doesn't make you cry, then you aren't human.
And don't get me started on Pixar! The first 5 minutes of "Up" are the saddest ever. By minute 2, I'm already a blubbering fool. Do kids get these complex emotions??
Maybe I'll stick with Dinosaur Train for a bit longer...
No comments:
Post a Comment