I came across a blog called "No Greater Joy Mom" during Christmas. Putin put a stop on Russian adoptions and I started googling about the issue. This blog is about an amazing family who adopts special needs children from around the globe. Her latest 2 adoptions are from Bulgaria. Click here for her site. I have it on the right also in my reading list.
In many Eastern bloc countries, special needs children are put in orphanages. Their definition of special needs obviously varies from what we in America consider. Children with simple hearing issues up to profound disabilities are left in cribs, many 24 hours a day with no human contact.
I also found these entries very touching about special needs families she encountered at a conference. Here is Part 1 and Part 2. Our society places so little value on life that we don't consider worthy of saving.
What an amazing sacrifice these moms and families make for their kids. It is appalling that countries in the EU still have orphanages in such bad shape.
No comments:
Post a Comment