Sunday, October 28, 2012

God's Perfect Timing

Oh my goodness. So much to talk about. I can't spill all the details, but let's say it's been a wild 2 weeks. First I need to show off my kiddos in their first school picture:


Hilarious. I spoke with the director and there were tons of the teachers helping to make this picture happen! Very sweet of them. Their individual pictures were very cute too. We bought a big package (no oil painting however) so my grandmother and other relatives can have a copy. We are getting fall portraits this month also so I need to get going on our look. I had the kids' outfits done by a great girl on Etsy and am excited to see how they turn out.
*************************************
I had my first migraine this past Sunday. Add to that inflamed papillae (taste buds) and like 5 canker sores. Not fun whatsoever! I spent an hour at an inept urgent care center that overcharged us. I finally got some Imitrex and tried not to throw up while Nate and my parents took care of the kids. Triplets and the need for a quiet, dark place don't mix! It finally went away on Monday.  The collision of so many things caused this and I have learned what not to do next time this emerges.

The past few months have been really hard on us for many reasons. Nate hasn't been very happy. I haven't been very happy. We felt like God had been ignoring a huge prayer request. I have seen with our miracle babies that God does not ignore us, rather he steers us in directions that will reveal His final, perfect plan. However, it is hard to remember this promise when day in and day out is a cycle of frustration and a balancing of stressors. We always think we have the best solution for ourselves.

He revealed Himself in an incredible way this week. He answered our prayers and I'm happy to say that Nate is off on a new journey in the work world. The timing could not have been more amazing. In a short 5 minutes, our fate was chosen.  We are really in awe of this "coincidence."  The trials we've been through have definitely humbled us both and shown us areas that needed to be addressed. I am polishing off some of my "Battlefield of the Mind" and "The Message" which have been somewhat neglected with the chaos of triplets.

I'm also sad for a new friend who finished an unsuccessful IVF cycle this week with Dr. A.  Everything looked perfect from what they had. Unfortunately, the transfer did not end with a pregnancy or frozen embryos. My canceled cycle was extremely painful. I've rarely felt that level of desperation and frustration so can only imagine what a completed cycle failure feels like. I know God will lead them on His path, but it doesn't take away the hurt. I pray that she and her husband find peace over the next few weeks.  Unfortunately IVF usually requires multiple attempts even in the youngest populations.

Please think of us too as we move forward this fall. I will have to "man up" a bit and take charge of the kids for a longer period of time. More travel is involved along with a more intense level of work. I pray that I can maintain a positive attitude and not let fear and anxiety ruin my days.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite "feel better" Peter Gabriel songs:

No comments:

Post a Comment