Townes is such a futbol pro
This looks like a Rascal Flatts CD cover
Belly madness
Natalie driving Pop's new car
Watch out 2017!!
So now that we've established that these kids are very cute, I have a small complaint. Natalie has turned into this terrible 2's (19 month old) tantrum queen. It came on so fast! She uttered "no!" for the first time 2 weeks ago. Since then it has been madness. Partly because of ever present teething and sniffles. Partly because she's growing up before my eyes.
Nate had 3 nights out this past week. Having the kids in school obviously helps, but the witching hour rears its ugly head around 5pm. We play and watch "Praise Baby" DVD's while putting on pj's and drinking some milk. Natalie literally cried from 5:00- 6:45pm on one of those nights. When she cries, she gets so worked up that she throws up. I do my best to prevent that because I have an extreme aversion to vomit. (Gonna have to get over it, I know). If I am by myself, Natalie screams while Townes and Caroline battle over my lap. Natalie really wants my lap but instead screams and throws herself on the floor. So I eventually pick her up to keep her from barfing. So whoever I "de-lapped" is crying because they want me. Then the other cries because the other 2 are upset. It turns into a real party! And I feel awful and guilty because Caroline and Townes play so well by themselves during the day and need a little bit of attention before bed. Natalie takes up all of my attention because I'm constantly trying to divert disaster.
In search of an answer, I have started reading "123 Magic." Seems like a great book so far. I like James Dobson's books about strong willed kids but need more specifics at this point. I'm not dealing with smart mouthed teenagers so the Vulcan death grip doesn't work. (He suggests some kind of neck pinch in one of his chapters. Awesome). I have also read the "Toddler 411" suggestions. I'd like to know the specific science of each age and what they understand. Natalie and Caroline definitely "get" it. Townes rarely misbehaves after an initial warning or distraction. He obviously knows what he's doing because he looks at you and gets this big goofy grim likes he's an innocent angel.
We've instituted time outs and started the counting. The beginning is always the worst. It's just so hard with three toddlers because where do you put them when it's a combo fight?? How do they stay there? I have to remember that this, like every other challenge, is a new "phase" and we'll be OK. As long as my kids don't turn out like Honey Boo Boo, I'm good!
In the meantime, I'll put my Pandora spa station on and take a hot bath. Or listen to one of my favs...
No comments:
Post a Comment