This past week, Townes moved into the other baby class with his sisters. He had a really rough first day and I left feeling so guilty. Not to mention the fact that he was teething or that maybe he didn't sleep well the night before. After we brought him home, I cried and cried.
I sat down that night and emailed the director of the school so we could talk about his experience Tuesday. I sensed his new teachers weren't super excited to have him come over. That really hurt because you want people to love your child. I told her that it was even insinuated to me personally. We had a great discussion and her main concern is that Ms. Lisa is taking the kids who are more developed. They will be sitting on cube chairs and doing more walking activities. Townes would be very behind the others if we switched him back. She apologized if anyone made me feel like he was a burden because he certainly isn't. He's simply a hard kid to settle down. We decided to give it 2 weeks and reassess. She was more than willing to switch him if I still felt very strongly about it.
I think it finally hit me how grateful I am that he had such a great
experience with Ms. Lisa and his class. Having a child with colic and a
sensitive disposition is VERY hard. I would never deign to compare it to
a special needs child, but because we have triplets, I almost say he's
1.5 babies! His teachers were the first people where I could hand him
off and feel NO guilt. I always felt extreme guilt when anyone babysat
him. Even when I knew they were more than happy to help. He was so happy to go to school and was sad to leave. It went miles to help me heal from last summer's colic. God gave me a huge blessing there.
Thankfully he had a great Thursday. The teachers went out of their way to make him welcome and pay him extra attention. I don't know if they were "talked to." I told them I was not criticizing their service, but rather, making sure Townes was in the best environment. I wouldn't say school is a luxury for me, but it is definitely something that is voluntary. A very expensive perk for me!! I'm pretty sure I will keep him in his new class now. Mommy emotions overwhelmed me and I definitely didn't expect that intense of a feeling.
Townes will see the ENT on Tuesday. Nate did more research with some of his other ENTs he calls on and almost everyone advised him NOT to do the tonsils. Despite the sleep study, a tonsillectomy on a 15 month old is too dangerous. The main issue is dehydration. He would not understand why he was hurting so much and would refuse food and milk. When he is older, we can feed him popsicles and explain what is going on. He is still on for PE tubes and an adenoidectomy. We are done with Vanderbilt for now!!
Besides these issues, he is doing great. He is a funny little boy and loves to stack things and organize balls into baskets. He is finally getting his 2 bottom teeth!! Caroline is getting her upper 2 now. Natalie is getting her "fangs." And I mean fangs!! The girl loves to bite. She's gotten better, but we have to really watch her. I am so consistent with discipline but she's a strong willed little girl. Natalie is also walking like crazy. Hopefully Caroline and Townes will catch up soon. I'm not super worried about developmental milestones because of their adjusted ages of 13.5 months. I'm sure we can address it if it goes beyond their adjusted ages of 15 months or so. Natalie is definitely at least a month ahead. Strange what 2 oz will do!
No comments:
Post a Comment