"The Message" version of Proverbs 16:9:
We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it.
Why do I continue to fight with trust and control when God has shown himself so faithful to me? I guess because I am human. That's what we do!
I watch my kids now and am so exasperated at their toddler ways. If they want a toy, they grab or steal it. If a sibling tries to take it back, we have biting, slapping, and headbutting. If I don't give them 100% attention, they cry and roll around on the floor. If their meals haven't been perfectly prepared and ready to feed as soon as they are in their highchairs, we have full on screech central. I am now convinced that we, as adults (at least most of us), have these same reactions but are fortunate enough to have little filters installed in our brain by lessons and development. This really is us in our most basic form.
No comments:
Post a Comment