Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Triplet Mother's Day...

Although this is my second Mother's Day, this is the first one I remember! Last year I was a mess of emotions, stress, and plain fatigue. Look at this poor girl:


She looks like she just threw back a six pack. She got up at 4:30 am and doesn't know what the heck she's doing! Geez... I look rough. At least I figured out by that point that I was a little tougher than I thought. I could survive the nights.  All I know is thank goodness for our nanny Rose. Nate and I had the weekend nights and every other Sunday. It about killed us! Townes was starting to show his summer colic. What a year...

This year we had my side of the family over for Mother's Day and my brother's 35th birthday.  I got a trip to the salon for a keratin treatment. Maybe after that I won't wear my hair in a ponytail everyday. (Yeah right)  Townes made me some beautiful artwork and the girls heart magnets in school. Very talented kids I have to say! I am keeping all these cute little treasures. I will have 3 boxes full by the end of the year!

There are so many times that I have felt like a failure as a mom. I've lost my temper and let fear rule my actions. Thankfully I have so many people around to encourage me and praise my efforts. I've always felt lucky in this regard. being a mother is so incredibly difficult and as much rewarding. I don't think you can ever explain it to someone who hasn't experienced it. I was listening to a Tim Keller sermon about anger and his example of the ultimate moment of anger is when your child looks and you and yells that you've done nothing for them. It was a poignant moment for me. Someday one of these sweet babies will look at me, scream that they hate me or something similar, and I'll have the VIDEOS to pull out for them. :)

And yes... this is what pictures are really like with triplets! We fool you with those cute Christmas cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment