- being approached and held by a variety of adults who are not their parents
- socializing with babies their age besides their siblings
- dealing with loud noises (especially for Townes)
- getting buggy rides outside and dealing with the elements (my kids could never stand the sun for more than a few seconds last year)
- quiet play in their cribs before and after naps
- weaning off of formula
- learning to use sippy cups and eat a variety of finger foods
- waving hi and bye, interacting with expressions
- finger painting and being creative in ways I wouldn't think of
We start the summer session next Tuesday. Townes will be moving on from Ms. Lisa (oh the horror!) so I imagine some tears will be shed until he gets used to his new teachers. He will now be in the same class with Caroline and Natalie. They are including water play and outside time. I still can't get them to wear hats or sunglasses so maybe they have tricks up their sleeves.
So moms... if you are exhausted and in need of a break, don't feel guilty for putting your children in a Mother's Day Out or other program. I am such a happier parent and need that refreshment and recharging to be a good mom to them on the other days of the week. There is nothing like being in a totally quiet house or counting on days to take care of things. I am able to catch up with friends and go to on site CLE's if needed. I don't know why I ever second guessed anything about this! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment