Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving

What is it about daycare that they always tell you?? That they get sick a lot?? Oh yeah- 1st week and we have RSV for all 3 plus an ear infection for Caroline. Unfortunately, that coincided with family pictures scheduled for months now. It was an absolute comedy of errors. The babies were drooling snot all over their cute little outfits, Caroline fell off a blanket onto a rock (she is fine), and we got zero pictures. Townes started screaming like a girl so we decided to put if off. On top of it all, I tracked dog poop into our living room from the backyard! Ugh.

If there ever was a week to complain, it would be this one. But of course I can't! It's Thanksgiving. It is going to be wonderful week now that we have antibiotics! We are spending the holiday over here with my side of the family because the babies go to bed around 6:30 pm and it is too much to try the Jennings nighttime dinner. Then Nate's parents are spending the night at our house so we are heading to the north Alabama mountains for a stay at a B & B. Finally, my niece Bebe is being baptized on Sunday.

I am beyond thankful for so much this year. Last year, I was battling morning sickness and an ever expanding belly. I was terrified of preterm labor and possible issues with the kids. This year I have three healthy, beautiful, and thriving 8 month olds. How crazy. Daycare has been a huge blessing. I don't think it has dawned on me that it is a continual thing.

Surprisingly, what I am most thankful for is the suffering and hard times of being pregnant with and raising triplets. Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." My worrying disposition constantly told me that I would have severely premature babies, developmental issues, that I could NOT do a 3 hour feeding schedule for 4 months, that they would never sleep through the night, that Townes' colic would persist until he was 3 years old (ha!), and that I would literally go crazy. Of course, human understanding dictated that I could not have triplets with a follicle count of 2. IVF's just dont work like that! Human understanding (even from my awesome doctor) guessed that I probably would never have biological children. It also told me I would be on bed rest and would probably deliver at 30 weeks. God has provided answers to all of my concerns. Without these sufferings, I did not see how strong I could be or see ways I could help other triplet mothers. I am pretty proud to be where I am.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment