Monday, November 7, 2011

8 Months!

Yesterday, the triplets turned 8 months! I can't believe it. Before I know it, they will be 1 and I'll be through with the most challenging, yet rewarding, year of my life. We're making big strides. They are almost sitting up without support. Natalie is boogying forward and seems to find my computer cord no matter where it is. Child proofing has started! Caroline has been in pain and drooling a lot so we shall see if she gets the first tooth. Natalie weighed in a 20 pounds yesterday and Caroline 18 pounds.

We've decided to take a huge step and put them in school for Tuesday and Thursdays starting this week. I had been going back and forth on the issue. We could afford it with some cutbacks, but is this me giving up? Is this a way out? On a wild hair, I called the school right by our house and they had exactly 3 spots. That was really amazing considering it is November. We toured and loved the school. It is a Christian school and the director and other teachers see their jobs as a calling, not as an 8-5 gig. They will be in a class of 8 infants and 2 teachers. Since they are in little buildings by themselves, hopefully they won't be exposed to as much sickness.

A happy mother is a better mother. I have felt tinges of guilt, but at the end of the day, God made it very clear that this was the step for us to take for my mental health. I tried many things to deal with the stress of every day life and not being able to get out, but continued to feel completely drained with a feeling of hopelessness. Thankfully Nate supported my decision. I will now be able to sort maternity clothes, fill out their baby books, go to the dentist (eek), and so many other things that have been hard. I may do some part time work, but will need to figure out the x' s and o's on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment