Ok so I promise I haven't gone crazy. I blame my screaming episode on (1) my first cycle on Yaz (because I can get pregnant without the help of thousands of dollars, a reproductive endocrinologist, an embryologist, and hundreds of shots...right), (2) both AC's went out on the cars at the SAME time during our lovely Nashville heat leading to a notoriously expensive Lexus radiator being replaced (the ultimate in pain), and (3) my cruddy immune system. We have yet to find out what's up with the Expedition. I'm hoping it's something small!! I have to say I did feel better after kicking and punching things. Maybe need to start a kickboxing class at the Y!!
I can't stop thinking that last year at this time, I was prepping to go up to St. Louis for our 2nd try at IVF. The local ultrasonographer had already told me I had an antral follicle count of 2. Yep- that probably meant 1 egg, 50/50 chance of chromosomal normalcy. Ugh. This was such a mountain to cross. We knew we had do complete a cycle once for our own satisfaction. I was shooting myself up with 750 IU of Gonal F a day- a dose which would produce about 25 eggs in a normal 30 year old. But not me.
I was a bit sidetracked in McKay's one day before I left. I looked at a book by a competing world renowned fertility doctor who essentially stated that an AFC of 0-5 meant menopause. Mmmm kkk. Not good inspiration there buddy. I think I cried right there in the bookstore. Why were we throwing our money away?!
But boy did I prove that guy wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment