We had our 28 week appointment today and everything still looks great!! I can't believe how blessed we've been. My blood pressure is still measuring around 110/70. Baby Girl A weighs 2 lbs 5 oz and Baby Girl B and Boy C weigh 2 lb 9 oz. So technically, I'm carrying around 7 lbs of baby with many weeks to go. Everything is right on progress growth wise- head, abdomen, limbs. I'm hoping to reach at least 4 lbs by birth. Each bit of weight and time in gestation equals less NICU time. Multiples grow like singletons then plateau at around 30 weeks. Unfortunately there were too many arms and legs in there so the ultrasound was indecipherable! Once a week appointments from now on.
I got my first round of steroids to encourage the development of the babies' lungs. The steroids have shown effectiveness for 4 week so will get another round if I make it that long. They have a distinct advantage with these shots but OUCH!!! I am a shot and needle pro from IVF, but this bad boy had me walking funny for several hours. I thought the 7 weeks of progesterone in oil shots were bad. This was like an injection of coffee creamer! Of course I had to act like it didn't hurt that badly because I had just bragged about how shots don't bother me anymore. I go for my second shot tomorrow. Deep breaths!!
I saw both Dr. Bennett and Dr. Carroll with the Vandy MFM group and specifically asked about bed rest. The good news is that neither of them believe that strict bed rest has been proven to do much if you are not having symptoms of pre-term labor, which I have not. They both suggested I take it super easy and keep anything that keeps me short of breath to an absolute minimum. I need to keep stress to low levels. I can drive, but need to use my judgment. No specific recommendations for how many times I can climb the stairs, etc. They have ok'd 2 more weeks of work until 2/4. My sick benefits kick in on 2/1 and I have an office shower that week so the docs were ok with my plan. My boss is so supportive and told me his goal was not to bother me! He has a daughter who was on hospital bed rest at 26 weeks. She is a trainer for a pharma company here and was doing tons of work despite doctor's orders. He told me that he got mad with her for doing too much laptop work in the hospital so good to have an understanding employer. My job isn't too crazy stressful but it has its moments.
On another note, we made so much progress this weekend. Our friend, Paul, did a great job painting our (2) nurseries a beautiful green color. We went through tons of stuff and donated 7 bags of old clothes to Goodwill and towels to the Nashville Humane Society. (There are some adorable kittens there if anyone wants one!!) My sweet brother and sis in law are letting us borrow their changing table and tons of clothes. We hauled everything around in the Expedition with ease. I'll take some pictures of the nursery soon. It is an ongoing project! The crib room does look like a day care.
Lastly, please say some prayers for my friend, Courtney, over at Land of Lancaster. Her father suddenly passed away yesterday. Hoping her and her family know how much everyone cares.
No comments:
Post a Comment