I could be so sad to have to return to work tomorrow, but Ill focus on the fact that I am NOT on bed rest at 25 weeks! I thought for sure that I would be by this time. I'll embrace the fact that I can move around and make trips to Costco and Target despite how painful they are. And speaking of painful- car shopping! We did a bit today and are thoroughly annoyed with the process. We are definitely going the auction route as you save so much money. We've done it once and its very worth it. I had my first crazy stranger at one of the car dealerships touch my belly and ask me details of the triplet's conception. The best part was her 2 front teeth were gold and imprinted with initials. I couldn't stop staring at them.
I turned the big 3-1 yesterday! I never have a very exciting birthday because it is after Christmas and New Years. Most people are partied out by then. I definitely fulfilled my 4,000 calorie requirement with California Pizza Kitchen for lunch and Finezza for dinner. Add a 2.5 hour nap in between and you have pregnant heaven. I received lots of goodies including a gift certificate to Escape Day Spa from my parents. It isnt gold teeth with AJ imprinted on them, but it will do! I don't know if you have tried this place out, but it is definitely the best spa in Nashville and worth the money for an occasional splurge. Absolute heaven. Hopefully I can fit a prenatal massage in this week. I should have taken all the money I spent on acupuncture (and it was a lot) and invested it into head and neck massages with them. I probably would have gotten the same results!
My birthday wish is to be pregnant to 35 weeks. So far, so good, but it can change so fast. Many women do excellent then one day go into labor with no warning. I am going to be in so much pain, but it will be worth the ending. It is absolutely crazy to think we could have these babies in less than 2 months. They have really been rocking and rolling in there. I can discern which is moving now. The boy is most active.
I survived the 2nd diabetes test on Friday. It was worse than the first by far. I almost fainted at the end and left covered head to toe soaking wet with sweat. Thankfully I had asked Nate to bring me food as I remembered not being able to drive afterward so he helped take care of me. I kept thinking of Shelby in "Steel Magnolias!" Thankfully no one had to shove candies and orange juice in my mouth. I should find out tomorrow whether I passed. Hopefully it will be the last one!
No comments:
Post a Comment