Monday, January 10, 2011

Names and a Request

So we finally decided on names:

Jagger Skylar Jennings
Charitie Destiny Jennings and
Hermione Princess Jennings...

...JUUUUST KIDDING!! I think I gave our parents a heart attack for a second. The truth is we've finally tentatively decided on names, but we are going to keep it a secret until their birth. We may change our minds at the last minute so don't want to jinx it. And no- it's not all of the same letter!

I've made it past the 25 week mark and will hit 26 weeks on Thursday. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment this morning, but our freaky Nashville winter dumped about 4 inches of snow on us.  Thankfully we live close to the interstate, but getting from our house out of the neighborhood is like a pin ball game.  Since we plan to sell our car soon, I do not want to tempt fate! The babies should be over 2 lbs at this point. We do a growth ultrasound on 1/24 and will get an update then. I have lots of movement going on and can really differentiate the movements now. I was sitting in a deposition last week and looked down at my belly only to see my belly button "bump out" several times. Maybe they were telling me to make an objection!

So far no signs of preterm labor, pre-eclampsia, or GD.  I thankfully passed the 2nd 4 hour glucose test!! No bed rest, but it can change overnight. I should know on Friday what we've got going on. My mobility is really going down. Its a challenge to go to the grocery store or anywhere I have to walk more than 5 minutes. My maternity clothes are getting tighter and tighter. I will probably be in Nate's T shirts and swishy pants soon. I finally broke down and got a temporary handicapped tag for work. Even with the tag, the walk is pretty rough.

And on a serious note, Dave Ramsey put up a Facebook status that really hit home last week. His statement was "F.E.A.R. = False Evidence Appearing Real."  I know its such an annual sales meeting kind of pitch, but it really hit home.  You always deal with fear, but it simply changes form. I used to think that if I could get past this one last thing, I wont have fear.  What if I didn't pass the bar exam (I passed)? What if I messed up at work (I did and will continue to do so)? What if can't have a baby (that has been taken care of)? The truth is- it won't kill me and it won't kill anyone else. As my dad always said when I had challenges, "nobody died today."

It is hard to remember that fear is based on false evidence. We feel as if we WILL die if we fail at these things. I have let the nagging fears hurt my mood in the past several weeks. Thoughts of how I'm not going to make it the first year and how its going to be so stressful that I wont enjoy a second of it. When I hear of friends and family having such a hard time with one baby- how are we going to handle three?!! Or you hear about preemies who have cerebral palsy or other severe disabilities.

The false evidence being presented to me from several angles appears real. But it's not. God has literally carried us every step of the way through our infertility and pregnancy. I have not received one bit of bad news. I have incredible doctors and know Vanderbilt is the place to be for NICU care.  Why do I have so much doubt??

I ask for your prayers with these doubts. I need prayer for endurance and for my attitude. Finally, I need prayers that these babies will stay put as long as possible and that they will be born healthy.

2 comments: