Why is Caroline wearing winter mittens and gloves? I have no idea. She loves them and must look like a ski bunny whenever they are around.
Thanksgiving rolls around on Thursday and we have a very sick Caroline. She had a fever of 103.5 degrees and was very lethargic. I'm guessing 3rd round of RSV or some other chest cold. Hence, I miss yet another holiday due to germs. Nate took the other two up to his parents' celebration. I was getting cocky because our sickness record was rockin'. It IS true that the first year of childcare is sickness hell then the next is much better. I think we had already had 2 rounds of hand, foot, and mouth and RSV by this time last year. This year we haven't seen the pediatrician more than we can count on one hand. Holidays are truly cursed. Or, that's whats its like with kids!! Thankfully my dad braved the sickness and brought me a package of food from their house. I had a feast while watching "Contagion" for the 100th time. (Not the best choice with a sick child)
So... I had a big pity party then decided to be thankful for so many things these past few weeks:
- a great husband who will swipe the first full bath poop out after a day from hell
- family who will bring me high calorie and delicious food
- when Natalie choked on cantaloupe and threw up in the ball pit on Tuesday, I grabbed her out before it hit the other kids
- Costco pharmacy and friends in the medical field. We are waiting for our insurance to kick in with the new job and trying to avoid the $1400 COBRA payment. Walgreens quoted me $297 out of pocket for a 30 day supply of a generic medicine. Exsqueeze me??! NP buddy suggested Costco where I got it for $29.00. Yes, you read that right. Highway robbery
- I was able to be treated by Dr. A in 2010 because I saw he is leaving the practice in the new year. Thank goodness we packed 3 kids into one IVF (speaking of Costco) because he rocked and I would not want to be trying to get pregnant right now for a trillion reasons if we only had a singleton.
- the dog behind us stopped barking for 7 hours straight after Nate left a nicely worded voice mail. (I'm such a wuss.) I was leaning towards rat poison and I like dogs.
- I don't live in Southern Sudan/Congo, Libya, or Juarez. Seriously, watch "Witness" on HBO. It will scare the heck out of you.
- General Patreus had some crazy love triangle so we can move on from coverage of the election. What is it with these women?? I do NOT get the "power" obsession. I prefer my men attractive.
- UT finally won a SEC game and Alabama lost to Texas A & M.
- Crying children that get me out of awkward conversations. Some lady at the Y asked if I "expected" triplets a/k/a "did you use fertility treatments??" then proceeded to tell me about her artificial insemination 20 years ago and how she had 3 eggs and she cried at the first ultrasound because it was only one baby, etc, etc. This was in front of about 15 people. Que crying child and run to the nursery with apology
- And in all seriousness, my mom had a successful trial for an operation which should greatly lessen the near constant migraines she has had since youth and provide her a chance for a new life without pain.


No comments:
Post a Comment