One year ago today Nashville experienced the worst flood in its history. Entire neighborhoods were wiped out. Several of our friends lost their houses, possessions, and even pets to the flood.
One year ago, Nate and I began our first IVF. I loaded myself up with $4000 worth of Lupron, Gonal-F, Human Growth Hormone, and Menopur for 14 days straight. I drove for 5 hours only to find out I made one stinkin' egg. Thousands of dollars to do what I could do with a $5 Clomid pack. We canceled the procedure and I drove home in tears for at least half of the 250 miles.
If could have seen into the future last May, I would never expect to have THREE children after being told I had about a 5% chance of IVF even working.
I would never have expected Nashville neighborhoods to be rebuilt and lives changed forever from the kindness of friends and strangers.
God works in mysterious ways. He has shown me time and time again to trust Him. Trust that he guides our lives. Trust that our suffering is not pointless. Suffering molds us into better people.
On a lighter note, Natalie is now 8 lb 8 oz, Townes is 8 lb 5 oz, and Caroline is 7 lb 10 oz! It is so hard to believe they started out at a measly 4 lb 6 oz, 4 lb 4 oz and 3 lb 14 oz.
i remember that day you drove all that way. I really do. it was in our old office and that was the first time I had been the one in the room w/ dr a and we had to cancel. i am so happy it turned out good and you gave it a second chance! love ya girl!
ReplyDelete