Friday, May 20, 2011

My New Job

Life has been crazy so forgive me for being slow in updating this! The kids continue to grow like crazy and change every day. We are continuing with the 3 hour schedule until the doctor gives us an ok to change. I would LOVE to go to 4 hour or try to let them sleep a bit at night. They are one month adjusted age so I don't know how realistic that is right now.

We've got some smilers! I caught Townes and Natalie, but Caroline is being too serious for the camera.





I resigned from my job today. I had lunch with 2 of my closest coworkers before I told my boss. They were genuinely sad and that meant a lot to me. We are an odd trio because one is a Southern Democrat and the other a California born bleeding heart liberal. As a staunch conservative, we have had a lot of interesting arguments. It was actually refreshing to have cogent arguments without getting too heated. I think everyone (including me) has a tendency to demonize the other side of the aisle. We offered each other a face to match beliefs we did not understand. My boss was very understanding and obviously not surprised considering how much it would cost financially and emotionally to have 3 kids in daycare. He asked me about job sharing, but it really is not feasible in litigation. If you have a trial, you have to prepare. You cannot do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 am to noon.

So on to my new job as a stay at home mom. Raising these babies 24/7 is rough. Trying to feed 3 while all 3 are screaming at you to be burped is frustrating. Cleaning a million bottles, changing 30+ diapers, dealing with the "witching hour" each day gets a teeny bit old. I now consider a walk around the scary neighborhood Wal-Mart that I used to refuse to enter as an exciting outing. Gone are thoughts of the next vacation or even the next dinner out! My life revolves around 2-5-8-11-2-5-8-11. As I try to write this, I stop every 2 minutes to readjust a pacifier or swaddle blanket that has moved a tiny bit too low. But I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment