Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Nice Retreat

This past weekend, I went to Denver for the first time to see my niece, Halee, get married. I had been REALLY looking forward to it as I have been hitting such a wall with boredom and frustration in my daily routine. It was really fabulous. The weather was cooler than normal with NO humidity. I had a quiet, comfy room to myself and could sleep as long as I wanted on Friday. I wasn't taking care of anyone but myself for a change. I don't see my relatives nearly enough so it was nice to catch up. The venue was beautiful in the pine covered hills around Colorado Springs. 

My teddy bear waffle at the hotel. Kids would be super jealous.


My niece and nephew did so well! Wish my kids were a bit older and could have joined in but that would have been a DISASTER ;)


Here's the beautiful bride and groom!

Hopefully Nate and I can go back to Denver sometime with the kids because there is so much to do. Wish I had more time to explore. Dad did a great job with the kids here in Nashville. They got pancakes everyday and lots of love. 

I cannot believe the kids only have another week in their classroom. They will be moving up on 8/12. I'm very interesting in seeing how the separation goes. A teacher has already requested Caroline so I thought that was sweet. The tantrums have gotten better and I hope this separation will help also. 

Here are some recent pictures:


They go to see a fire truck at Chick Fil A! Such fun


Playing in the water tables. We need one more. Duh...


Trying to share their car toy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment