Thursday, July 4, 2013

Discipline oh my...

I'm not gonna lie. The past month has been really challenging for us. I can safely say that all 3 kids are in their terrible 2's!! Townes' tantrums pale in comparison to Natalie's nearly constant headstrong bossiness, but when they're there, it feels like I am fighting all day, all week. Caroline and Natalie have been fighting more over silly things and pushing, shoving, hitting. I know it's because they are carving out their own personalities and lives. Nate and I are on the same page, diligent, and try to keep up with them, but somedays it feels like a losing battle. As we were reminded in Hebrews 12:6 this past Sunday, discipline is for their good and will make their lives better. I see how some parents check out. It really is the easier way out. Let your kid scream and get what they want. Feed them ice cream or candy when they cry. Buy them every toy they want. But then, see what kind of teenager you have in a few years! Our head strong kids make us laugh constantly and remind us to be a little bit less stubborn. (I'm really not sure WHERE they got these temperaments- ha!) I have to remind myself of this. I know that it is a phase and will be completely different in 6 months.

We spoke with their teachers and have decided to split the kids up into 3 classes. Apparently our little darlings are fighting so much that it's been disruptive and they aren't socializing too much with the other kids. Shocked! :) I also asked a few other trusted triplet moms with older kids. They encouraged me to split because they have tons of at home time to bond. I thought it would be hard to do, but feel comfortable now with our decision. They start their new session in August. If things need to change after we try it out, the director is very understanding so we can take comfort in that.

Some videos from the last few weeks





No comments:

Post a Comment