Our kids "made" dad the cutest gifts this year at school. Glittery ties and drawings.
 |
| Caroline's masterpiece |
 |
| Natalie's masterpiece |
 |
| Look at that face! |
Anything is better than our Father's Day
last year when poor Townes had his febrile seizure. But daddy was super sick this weekend and didn't get to have any Father's Day fun. Booo. He has tonsillitis and I guess none of us remember how horrible this is??! I had my tonsils taken out as a 7 year old so thankfully I don't have to worry. He even showed me his infected tonsil. Really gross. Let's hope the Z pack does its magic because he has a busy work week.
My grandmother Mimi, uncle Tom, and Aunt Susan came in town to visit from Texas and Oklahoma. I dragged Nate to my parents' house on Saturday and he slept the entire time on the couch upstairs. I felt a teeny bit guilty about that. :) On Sunday, I took the kids to church by myself. They were all doing their "cement boot" thing where they attach to one leg and will not move. I think I probably scared half the church congregation by yelling at 3 crying toddlers to get off. People were "awwwing" at poor Natalie with her big pink blanket and alligator tears. I wanted to yell "I've got THREE kids in terrible two's folks!" I felt bad putting them in the nursery in that condition, but they emerged happier after playing with some buds. Well, except for Caroline who threw up in the car on the way home from crying too hard. You see, I wouldn't let her pull ALL the wipes out of the container. Just 15 or so. Fun!
I think the moral of the story is that dad does so much that we really need to appreciate around here!! I'm glad he was able to rest most of the weekend while I took care of the kids. Hopefully, we will move down to a semi less painful sickness next Father's Day. We making steps!
 |
| Dad wearing his ties while Caroline tries to assault Natalie with the toy mop |
No comments:
Post a Comment