Friday, March 23, 2012

Well... Ms. Negativity was right

Hand, foot, and mouth virus Part Deux has entered the house.  Natalie had a temp of 103.5 on Wednesday so got to stay home with mommy on Thursday and be a singleton. She relished the attention to say the least. Caroline had the nasty rash break out all over her body, but didn't have a fever and was happy so got to go to school. (YAY) When I picked up Townes, he had a temp of 101. He is very lethargic today but in good spirits.  What's weird is that Natalie and Townes don't get the rash. Caroline is the only one who gets it. Strange.  It's really gross like having blisters all over her hands, feet, and diaper area. I think I am getting some sores on my hand like last time as they feel like I've been climbing a rope again.

The good news? We have our 1 year check up this afternoon. Maybe we can squeeze in a well /sick visit together and have no co-pays. I hate to give them immunizations, but the nurse said we may be able to. If not, I'll have to go back sometime soon.

In the meantime, you can say some prayers for my attitude and general endurance to get through these sicknesses. I know it is normal and if I pulled them out of school, they would be this sick when I put them back in. I've thought about having a babysitter here instead of school, but they need the socialization. I want to have an empty home so I can clean up and take a nap in complete silence if I want to. If I hear them cry, the guilt starts in and I don't want to experience that.  Plus they can always go to school because there are teachers to fill in if someone gets sick. But I feel so bad for them. Building immune systems is challenging for mom and dad too!!

**********************************

Stop the presses. We don't have hand, foot and mouth. We have Parvo a/k/a Fifth's disease a/k/a slapped-cheek virus. No mouth sores at all. Townes and Caroline are drooling because they both have 2 little teeth almost through. No immunizations today. I was very relieved to hear that. I will post their one year stats later on. I am exhausted from the doctor's appointment!! Thank goodness for the paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment