I thought this would be fun and different! Here they are in no particular order:
1. U2 "Running to Stand Still"- one of U2's best!!
2. The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony"- This song reminds of freshman year at UT, "Cruel Intentions," and tumultuous relationships. :)
3. Peter Gabriel "Biko"- I knew nothing about apartheid or who Steven Biko was as a 7 year old, but still loved this song.
4. Don Henley "The End of the Innocence"- This song is about how horrible Reagan was as president and the 80s. Some things never change. I'm sure they thought the world would end by now. This song reminds me of driving back and forth to Jackson, TN for my brother's football games.
5. Coldplay "The Scientist"- This song reminds me of living in London Fall of 2002. I had a half mile walk to the West Kensington tube station and would always bring my CD walkman. They played the video constantly on TV over there.
6. Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb"- I grew up to Pink Floyd- the Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, etc... My parents would ALWAYS play this. It reminds me of studying for the bar and taking long baths while pregnant. I could feel (and see) the babies moving around my belly button each time I played this!
7. REM "Orange Crush"- I liked some intense songs as a child. No idea this was a statement on the Vietnam War and Agent Orange!
8. U2 "Yaweh"- Yes I could put about 15 U2 songs in this list, but narrowed it for content. This song is one of the best description of what God really is. His love is like a drop in the ocean.
9. "In the Bleak Midwinter"- Aaaah Christmas in English Cathedrals and caroling with boys choirs. I have loved these carols since I was about 12 years old. They were the best music for me to study to!
10. Mozart "Introitus: Requiem"- I saw this at St. Martins in Fields when I lived in London. Pure beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment