Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Making Progress

They had their 6th month check up on Friday and everything looks great. Natalie is 16 lbs which puts her at 50%!! Caroline is 14 lb 6 oz and Townes is 15 lb 4 oz so everyone is above 10% at least. Dr. Haraf can still hear Caroline's tiny VSD but thinks it should close soon because it is so tiny.  He commanded us to let the kids cry it out.  That's all I needed to hear. I was about to start, but wanted to make sure Townes was neurologically able to because of his colic issues. He is SUCH a sweet and better baby boy now. Thankfully Dr. Haraf said he saw no signs of any possible autistic behaviors in Townes. I was not worried but he said he looks from an early age in boys for any markers.  Sadly, they had to get 4 shots so the visit ended in an ear piercing chorus of screams. I told them it would be much more painful to have the flu or measles. I know they understood. ;)

I am proud to say that the kiddos have learned to sleep through the night! I was going back and forth between the gradual extinction and letting them cry it out and cry it out won by a landslide. Our loudest crier is now Natalie, but it is almost humorous to hear because it's such an angry cry versus a sad cry. We had to separate her for the 1st few naps and nights, but she did great last night. I think having multiples forces you to get a sleep schedule down. If it was one child crying hysterically, I would have a harder time not going in there.

We have also de-swaddled Natalie and Caroline. Townes continues to need it because his hands distract him from sleep. They used to take one long nap from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm, but I have transitioned them to 2 naps. I don't know if our obsessive use of a schedule has made them good sleepers or if it is genetic, but I'll take it!!

Here are a few videos:

Caroline thinks "dada" is the funniest word of all


Here is a typical morning:






No comments:

Post a Comment