Nate and I decided to take advantage of a spare 2 hours on Sunday and the beautiful weather to take the kids for an introductory ride in the Warner Parks. Big mistake. There were like 5,000 people there and our triplets were the star attraction on the walking path. Nothing overtly rude said except for the title of this entry. A smile and nod is fine, but the "God Bless Yous" and looks of horror got to me a little bit. I'm going to be dealing with this for the next few years so need to get used to it now!! Nate is lucky I don't have my spunky pregnancy hormones in me anymore or I would have gotten us in a brawl with one lady. BUT I have to take a look as a random person and yes, I would have oohed and ahhed too. I would, however, not looked at someone with pity. So fyi- if you encounter a mom or dad with multiples, please don't act like they have elephant man syndrome. I love my babies and am thankful for each one of them.
The babies are doing really well. We have kept them on their 3 hour NICU schedule with success. Thanks to all of the help we have been getting, the tiredness is manageable. We take them to the pediatrician again on Thursday and I'm guessing they will all be in the 6 lb range. They feel so heavy to me now! I can't carry 2 around like footballs anymore.
Caroline is still our sweet, quiet girl.
Townes is our funny, cranky baby who CANNOT wait for his bottle without bleating like a lamb at 90 decibels.
Natalie continues to grow her chubby cheeks (how does a 4 lb baby start out with these??) and peach fuzz hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment