I can't believe I have reached my due date! My 40 week due date was 4/19/11. I'm excited to have them as "newborns." They are doing very well and continue to grow. We weighed them today and Natalie is the heaviest at almost 8 pounds, Townes is in the high 7's, and Caroline is about 7 lbs. They have become much more alert and engaging although they are obviously newborn age. Everything will probably be according to their adjusted age so we add about a month to every milestone. Sleeping through the night will be the sweetest!! :)
Our lives have changed so much since these little ones made their appearance. It's a strange feeling to be so tied to a 3 hour schedule with babies so dependent on everything you do. Our night nanny and everyone who has brought us food or volunteered has really saved my sanity!
My grandfather passed away on Saturday, and thanks to Nate and his parents, I was able to make the trip to Oklahoma to say goodbye. I got about 10.5 hours of sleep both nights! I had flight delays on every leg, but it still felt like a relaxing vacation. My grandfather was a great man, but I know he is with his loved ones now.
The pastor focused on the "Greatest Generation" and it is so true. My grandfather suffered in the Depression, served our country in the Navy during WWII, and returned home to raise a family like so many others. I stayed with my other grandmother, Mimi, and was marveling at my other late grandfather's Naval memorabilia including commendations for bravery in the Pacific during a battle. This generation will soon die off and it will be such a great loss to our country. They didn't demonstrate this victim mentality so many of us have today and thrived on self sufficiency. It's another lesson in perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment