Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birth Story

As everyone can see, our precious babies made their appearance on Sunday. We have Natalie Brooke (Baby B) weighing in at 3 lb 14 oz, Caroline Elizabeth (Baby A) weighing in at 4 lbs 6 oz, and Townes Wesley (Baby C) weighing in at 4 lb 4 oz. They were born at 33.5 weeks and are doing well in the NICU.

It was really God's hand in getting us to the doctor. On Saturday night, I had some weird neurological symptoms resembling a migraine. Sunday morning, I woke up feeling "not right" and decided to go in per doctor's orders. On the ride in, I started having painful contractions and was near 3 cm dilated after an hour at L & D. Nate and I had packed our bags out of abundance of caution, not knowing that we would be having the babies that day!! Dr. Bennett decided to go ahead and deliver. The babies were born one after another kicking and screaming at 3:16 pm, 3:17 pm, and 3:18 pm. Their APGARS were all very high.

One thing I know is that Allison and anesthesia do NOT mix. I apologize if I have been MIA, but had a pretty rough time. Nausea is a constant companion. I also was having some neurological symptoms of a migraine so had to get a MRI last night. For a claustrophobe, this is pure hell! I haven't had the strength for many visitors so hope that I have not been rude.  Because of the nausea and pain I wasn't able to see the babies until mid-day Monday! I have a new found respect for every woman who has given birth. :)

Nate made some videos of the babies and I posted them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment