Thursday, March 3, 2011

33.5 weeks... and AHHHHHH!

Take that in!! Oh yeah. It's hot. I look back at my other pictures where I thought I looked soooo pregnant but no ma'am, this is it!!

I went to the doctor today and she clarified that she doesn't think my babies are quite as big as the last ultrasound tech found. Babies B & C have been hovering in the 50% range and the weight gains reported were more like 75%. This is not to say they haven't grown, but we probably don't have 5 lb babies yet. All of the babies' cord flow was excellent so no worries about that.

Dr. Carroll is concerned about my fluid retention and weight gain over the past 2 weeks (14 pounds!!). My legs are really gross and are apparently retaining tons of fluid.  If I gain more than 5 pounds this weekend, we may have an earlier delivery. She doesn't want to sacrifice my health or the babies' health just to make it to 35 weeks. She is very impressed overall and encouraging. I think the most important thing to take away from this appointment is that if I feel so miserable that I can't stand it or go downhill this week, it is ok to speak up. It is very subjective, but she assured me I would "know" when I have hit the point of no return.

I can't believe these babies are coming so soon! My mom has been helping me paint the nursery with little elephants and it looks really cute. We should finish up soon and I will post some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. you look awesome! hang in there :) Can't believe its almost time

    ReplyDelete