Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jamaica Mon!!

Our trip to Jamaica was fabulous. No rain, no clouds, and no hiccups. Well... as long as you dont count me leaving my Kindle on the plane from Nashville to Charlotte. Aaaaahhh. (And no, I dont think I'll ever get it back from my judgment of the sub human US Airways luggage agent at BNA.)

The flights were easy and we were greeted by a modern, organized Montego Bay airport. That was my biggest complaint about going to the Dominican Republic. The Punta Cana airport was a mess and everything took forever. This time, I didnt want to waste any precious hours at the airport. Our cab driver picked us up and offered us cold Red Stripes. We headed to Rose Hall where the Iberostar Grande is located. I have never been to Jamaica so was surprised at how green and hilly it was. 

View from our balcony

Our balcony swing

Back entrance from the pool


Infiniti pool- paradise!!

Fresh coconut water


Crazy pirate beach party with tons of entertainment. Of course I was pulled up on stage to attempt some Zumba-esque moves. Not pretty :)

Ahhhhh... What I've waited for YEARS!


I made the smart decision to get a spray tan so I wasn't worried about getting sun. I usually get awful burns or even sun poisoning even with mid SPF's. It was nice to be comfortable this go round! TONS of food and fruit drinks by the beach. The restaurants were really good also. The breakfast buffet had a ridiculous amount of sweets and fresh donuts. I'm a sucker for that! Trying to lose weight accumulated from trip now. :). We visited other parts of the resort and were very happy we chose the nicest and adults only option. The others were much louder and not nearly as nice. We loved the Jamiacans. Very laid back and accommodating.  We also hung out with a couple from Newfoundland. Very interesting accents and stories. We came back very relaxed and ready to see the kids. I missed them a lot more than I thought I would!!! Many thanks to the in laws for allowing us to have this amazing experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment