Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Changes

The kids moved into their new classroom on Monday. It wasn't quite smooth because we are in a new building with 6 other classrooms, i.e. way more people and kids running around. Their new teachers are in their mid 20s, very sweet, and very enthusiastic. They were pretty much screaming bloody murder on Monday when we dropped them off. One of their old teachers was there to help. It is a new routine and with all new routines, there is adjustment. We've figured out that we need to drop them off earlier. I did that today and it was much more pleasant.  I made a conscious effort to be positive on Monday and not worry about them. It really worked. When we picked them up, they didn't want to leave! They had paint all over them and looked very happy. When we got home, Natalie waved to me and said "bye bye" for the first time. It was really cute.

Nate turned 33 on Monday and I surprised him with a hibachi get together with friends. It was a great time and I can't believe I got so many of us together. 


This Friday we are celebrating our 6th anniversary with a night out. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment