We finally got in for our 15 month checkup. I felt super awful because we had to make up for our 12 month shots! Poor guys. They did a great job taking FIVE shots. I had to help hold them down and it is so sad to see the shock on their faces. :( It is better to get it over with than do 2 sets of appointments. I'm sure the whole office heard them as always. Even worse was the teenage boy next door who had to be held down for an itty bitty shot. Sheesh. Send that kid through IVF! Or give him one of those milky steroid shots I got at 28 weeks. I'm not a shot wuss, but those things were killer.
In the ensuing chaos, I lost their growth sheets! I do remember that Caroline is almost 21 lbs, Townes is 23.5 lbs and Natalie almost 25 lbs. No wonder my back, arms, and neck have been killing me. Everyone has a clean bill of health. Townes' tubes are stuck right in there and doing their job. Caroline is below 10% in both weight and height. She has only gained about 8 oz in 3 months so he wants me to make sure she is eating tons of high fat foods. She's an eater so I guess she has an enviable metabolism. Her little feet still fit in 0-6 month Pedipeds. Townes is below 10% in height, but in the 20s for weight. Natalie is in the 40s and 50s for both. I'm not very worried about it (nor is the doctor) because they eat and I know they will catch up eventually.
And speaking of pounds, I'm finally down to my pre-pregnancy weight! Wahoo. Nate and I have been dieting for 2 months now and its paying off. I pretty much lost everything but 10 pounds dealing with the kids on a daily basis. It finally dawned on me that those last few pounds clearly weren't coming off without some serious work. We've been dining on lovely Nutrisystem. It's great for me because I can stick it in the microwave or eat bars for meals. Dinner gets a bit old so there is some cheating. I miss the old days when the doctors told me to eat 4000 calories and not to exercise! :) Now it's around 1200-1300 a day. The food isn't the greatest, but I've lost a lot more weight than previous attempts. It's also saved us tons of money on take-out. It was a HUGE awakening when it comes to portion size. When you are allowed to eat whatever you want for months on end, you expect more to satisfy your appetite.
The kids are growing up more and more. Townes is not walking but he is doing the same wobbly leg standing up that the girls did before walking. They have started climbing and inventing new techniques to get places. Caroline has grown enough hair for a bow! If only her sister wouldn't rip it out. Natalie's hair keeps growing and is looking pseudo Austin Powers right now.
She pulls her own bows out or is victim to Caroline ripping them out. I think my attempts at hair styling are best left to a few months from now.
Here is one of our new games:

No comments:
Post a Comment