This past weekend, mommy had a break! I was in the wedding of one of my best friends from college, Angela. The funny thing is that she married one of my good friends from high school, Landon. She was married at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Memphis. I was honored to be a bridesmaid. Nate was a great dad and took care of all three babies for the 3 days I was out of town.
It was such a special day. Angela is one of the strongest people I know. Her mother died of Alzheimer's when she was 16 years old. She had early onset dementia and passed at 55 years old. We met at UT when we were in the same pledge class and realized we knew some mutual friends. We studied abroad in Wales together and traveled all over Europe. She graduated and has become successful as a municipal bond underwriter. No one has ever handed her anything. She's earned every bit of what she has. Most importantly, she has never wallowed in self pity and lived a victim mentality despite what she went through.
While she prayed for children for me, I prayed for a perfect husband to complete her. Landon is a wonderful guy. He is a pilot and a great provider. He complements her Type A personality with a laid back attitude. We had some great times in high school so it is always fun to get together with him also.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
Here is Kate with Angela's bouquet. The florist put a picture of Angela's mother on it. Kate is 28 weeks! I did NOT look like that at 28 weeks. :)
Nate kept me updated on the sweet babies. Although I did miss them, I was able to SLEEP and enjoy 2 nights out. He sent me a picture to say hi!





Love it! So sweet what you wrote about Angela! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete